Download the mobile event app (click on logo above).
This event draws over 3000 water works professionals over 2 days (final attendance for 2015 was 3120). Attend one or both days, featuring:
- 18+ concurrent technical sessions for TCH credit
- Water treatment plant tours
- 230+ exhibits
- Student poster session
- Young Professional/New Member Networking Event
- Networking reception
- FREE refreshments, lunch and admission to the exhibit hall
TOP OPS Teams Needed!
The deadline to enter your team is February 29, 2016.
NEWWA is bringing the informative and exciting TOP OPS competition, conducted at both the AWWA international and section levels, to our Spring Conference! We are seeking four (4) teams of operators to participate in this event.
What is TOP OPS?
During a TOP OPS competition, teams of one (1), two (2), or three (3) operators will compete against each other in a fast-paced, question-and-answer tournament. A moderator will pose a broad range of technical questions, with points awarded to the teams that answer the questions correctly.
Team members MUST:
- Work full-time as a water and/or wastewater treatment plant employee, a water distribution system employee, a sewer collection system operator, or in a first-line supervisory capacity. At least 50% of their time must be as a water treatment plant employee or water distribution employee;
- Possess a valid operator, wastewater, laboratory, or distribution certification for their jurisdiction;
- All team members must also be AWWA members or employees of a utility holding a utility membership;
- Team members do not need to be employed by the same utility.
For full details, please view our TOP OPS informational flyer. NEWWA staff contact is Katelyn Cahalane.
Call for Abstracts - Student Poster Session
Abstracts for the "Fresh Ideas" student posters to be presented at the conference are now being accepted. Abstracts are solicited from students (undergraduate and graduate) on topics directly related to the water profession. Abstracts must be submitted electronically with "NEWWA Student Poster Abstract 2016" in the subject line directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 11, 2016. Abstracts received after the deadline will only be considered if space is available. For full details, please download the Student Poster Abstract Information Flyer.
HOTELS FILL UP QUICKLY - BOOK EARLY. Call to inquire about current rate and availability. Be sure to mention NEWWA when booking to qualify for discount room rate.
Hilton Garden Inn - (508) 753-5700
Holiday Inn Express - (508) 757-0400
Courtyard Marriott - (508) 363-0300
Visit Destination Worcester for a full list of area hotels.
us on Facebook to see photos posted from our 2015 event and more!