*NOTE: Applicants must reside or attend a college/university in New England to qualify for these scholarships.
Each year, NEWWA offers seven scholarships to worthy students:
- George Edward Watters - In memory of George Edward Watters. Awards $5,000 to a civil engineering student.
- Francis X. Crowley - In memory of Francix X. Crowley, who made a large contribution to NEWWA. Awards $3,000 to a civil or environmental engineering, or business management student.
- Elson T. Killam - Using funds from a bequest Elson T. Killam left to NEWWA in 1989, this scholarship awards $1,500 to a civil or environmental engineering student.
- Knowlton Operator's Scholarship - Awards scholarships to operators for training at the NEWWA facility or other institutions when budgetary constraints eliminate the opportunity for some to attend training for certification, advancement, or professional development.
- Joseph A. Murphy - In memory of Joseph A. Murphy, this scholarship awards $1,500 to a civil or environmental engineering, or a business or related science-program student.
- Michael Garofano Memorial Scholarship - Awarded to a student majoring in science, civil, or environmental engineering at a 2- or 4-year college or university.
- NEWWA – An additional scholarship awarded to students, regardless of their field of study, with preference given to those programs related to the water works profession.
The next scholarship application deadline is April 1, 2013. NEWWA members and their families are encouraged to apply. Click here to download the application form.
You must have a connection with the New England water community in order to qualify for these scholarships. Whether you reside in New England, currently attend school in New England or aspire to connect with New England in the future.
In addition to applying for a scholarship, you may make a donation to any of the specific scholarships, or to the general NEWWA fund. Your contribution will ensure these scholarships always have the means to continue providing much-needed funds to worthy college students entering the water works profession.
For further information on the scholarship program or if you would like to make a donation to the scholarship fund, please contact Jeanine Plummer, Scholarship Committee Chair, at (508) 831-5142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.